A kaleidoscope of ideas, techniques, creative projects, and personal views.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My First BLOG POST!

So I have obviously decided to start a blog. I really want to have a place to display my artwork and share special stuff with people that are interested in what I have to say. I have been using Facebook to advertise my Close to My Heart business but I hate feeling like a spammer and posting the same stuff every day to hundreds of people and half of them not even giving it a second glance. So this blog is going to be sort of a hodge podge of ideas, artwork, crafts, and day to day things that happen in my life. LOL. I have such a hard time committng to just one general topic so don't be surprised to see a bit of variety here.

Sooo, today I made my very first Studio J layouts! I have to say that I am very impressed with them. I have been so excited about my new adventure with Close to My Heart and have loved all the products, but the Studio J online scrapbooking is by far my favorite right now! There was such a variety of templates and papers and made scrapbooking fun, and the best part was IT WAS MESS FREE! lol. I also like the option to purchase a JPG file for online sharing! I will post pictures some where in this post if I can figure it out! lol. I highly suggest everyone go try Studio J! Even if you think you are the most UN-creative person alive, GO TRY IT! (Link is on the left side bar under "My Close to My Heart website") It is super easy! And it is free to try, so don't worry about having to buy something, you only pay if you want to buy. And if you like it and think you will use it more than once, make sure to read about becoming  Studio J member! You can sign up for as little as $30 for a three month membership and after your 3 months it is only $10 a month after that! And there are great perks to being a member, so make sure you check it out.


I also added a poll to the bottom of the page. If you are in the Fairchild/Spokane area would you please answer that for me! I really want to try and get a workshop of sorts together but want to know if  have anyone interested before I put a lot of effort into it. There would be a charge for the workshop probably around $30-$35 per person which would include materials, access to my equipment (stamps, and cricut machine, etc...), personal work area, and a snack/beverage. The workshop would last approx 3 hours and whatever you make would be yours to take home.  I really think it would be really fun. (PS. For some reason the "D" in the word "would" isn't showing up in the poll question! lol. Just pretend it is there! lol)

Well thanks for sitting through my first post! LOL Sorry if it was long! Be sure to check back soon for something new!! :o)

2 comments: